Shopping usually means going to some place to buy something. It
is a part of our life and we have to accept it whether we like
it or not. There are people who hate shopping, so they usually
make a list of the things they need, run through shops and buy
them. There are people who go from shop to shop choosing goods
at a lower price. For some people shopping is a hobby; they love
shops and they can spend hours in large shopping centres. Such
people are called "shopaholics" because they sometimes buy
things which they do not need and it is like an addiction.
My family usually does the shopping at weekends. My parents work
too hard, so they do not have enough time to do the shopping
during a week. On Sundays we go to a supermarket and buy food
for the whole week. I don't like supermarkets, because there are
crowds of people there. You can buy anything in such
supermarkets: poultry, meat, seafood, dairy products, etc.
There are a lot of different shops in my city, both expensive
and cheap and everyone has a choice where to go. I prefer going
to a big shopping centre not far from my home where there are a
lot of shops and a food court. There are clothes shops, shoe
shops, a florist's, a chemist's, an optician's, a jeweller's and
many others. I usually walk there with my friends doing the
When I need clothes or books I do the shopping alone. My
favourite bookshop is just in the centre of my city. I can spend
hours inside looking through new books. I also like shopping
when I need to buy presents for my family or friends. Sometimes
my friend helps me to choose presents. She is a nice girl with
good taste and she knows what would be a nice present for my
In childhood, I used to like shopping because I felt grownup,
but now I see that it can be quite boring and time-consuming.
However, we have to go shopping because we need food and other
things that are necessary for our life.
ПЛАН-ОТВЕТ. DOING THE SHOPPING
1. Вступление (what "shopping" means, kinds of people (hate
shopping, love shopping/shopaholics).
2. Рассказать о походах по магазинам со своей семьей (when you
usually do the shopping, where you go shopping, who you go there
with, what you usually buy there).
3. Рассказать о магазинах в своём городе (a lot of/few shops,
shopping centres, what shops there are, etc.).
4. Рассказать о себе (prefer doing the shopping alone/with
family/with friends/etc., whether you like shopping or not and
why, what your favourite shops are, etc.).
5. Заключение (We have to go shopping because we need food and
other things that are necessary for our life.).
1. What does shopping mean?
2. When does your family do the shopping?
3. Do you like shopping?
4. When do you do the shopping?
5. Do you usually go shopping alone or with your family/friends?
6. What shops are your favourite?
7. Did you do the shopping in childhood?
8. Do you like buying clothes or things for yourself?
9. Do you enjoy buying presents for other people?
10. What's a department store?
11. What's a supermarket?
12. What do you think of shopping on a Saturday afternoon in the
13. What are the advantages and disadvantages of them?
14. What do you think of online shopping?
15. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of
16. What do you think of street markets?
17. Do you think it is cheaper to buy things at street markets?
18. Have you ever been to an auction?
19. What do you think of this system of buying things?
20. What are the advantages and disadvantages of an auction?
21. Do you look at the prices when you go shopping?
22. Are you a shopaholic?
23. What is the best day of the week for shopping?
USEFUL WORDS AND PHRASES
antique shop магазин антиквариата
barber's парикмахерская (для мужчин)
beauty salon салон красоты
bookshop книжный магазин
butcher's мясная лавка
clothes shop магазин одежды
corner shop мелкий магазин, лавка
department store универмаг
deli гастроном, кулинария
department store универмаг
fishmonger's рыбный магазин
florist's цветочный магазин
greengrocer's овощной магазин
hairdresser's парикмахерская (для женщин)
jeweller's ювелирный магазин
music shop музыкальный магазин
novelty shop хозяйственный магазин
pet shop зоомагазин
shoe shop/footwear обувной магазин
sports shop магазин спортивных товаров
stationery shop магазин канцелярских
tobacconist's табачный магазин
toy shop магазин игрушек
произношение слова и перевод на
Направление перевода выберите один раз из списка, в дальнейшем
оно сохранится. Для многократного повторения подводите стрелку
мышки к выделенному слову в колонке слева.
перевод в словаре
Мультитран. (В часы
перегрузок Интернета работает медленно, но словарь хороший.)